Blood Bank Services
Blood Bank Services
Blood Bank at Yashoda Super Specialty Hospitals is dedicated to deliver quality blood product & improving the safety of blood transfusion practice. We are catering our services for a decade to meet the needs of patients, hospitals, clinicians and related services.
In Yashoda Blood Bank, most of the blood for transfusion is collected from family members and friends as replacement donors. Volunteers also often donate blood especially at times of needs of rare blood group. Blood donation is not hazardous and it proves to be a healthy habit that helps blood renewal.
Our state of the art Blood Bank, centrally air-conditioned, working for 24 hours round the clock, is having following:
Blood Components Available:
- Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBC)
- Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)
- Platelet Concentrate
Procedures followed at Yashoda Blood Bank:
- Blood Donation: Rigid Medical And Physical Examination Of Each And Every Donor To Maintain The Safety And Quality Of Collected Blood Because The Safety Of Blood Starts With Safe Blood Donation.
- Donor Testing: Each And Every Blood Unit Collected Is Tested For Blood Grouping, HIV, Hepatitis B & C Virus, Syphilis, Malaria Etc.
- Pre Transfusion Testing Of Patient Includes Blood Grouping And Cross Matching.
- Strict Quality Control Of Personnel, Reagents, Documents And Equipment.
- Donor Couches Well-Comfortable, Remote-Controlled Donor Couches For Blood Donation In Easy And Healthy Environment.
- Compo-Mixer For Continuous Mixing Of Collecting Blood And Automatic Stop After Desired Volume Of Blood Collection.
- Hemoglobinometer Instant And Accurate Hemoglobin Estimation Of Blood Donors.
- Blood Bank Refrigerators
- Refrigerated Centrifuges
- Platelet Incubator And Agitator
- Deep Freezers
- Electronic Plasma Expresser
- Automatic ELISA Processor
It is a medical technology in which the blood of a donor or patient is passed through an apparatus that separates out one particular constituent and returns the remainder to the circulation.
Categories of Component collections:
- Plasmapheresis – Blood Plasma.
- Erythrocytapheresis- Red Blood Cells
- Plateletpheresis – Blood Platelets
- Leukapheresis Leukocytes
Donor safety: Single use kits – Apheresis is done using single-use kits, so there is no risk of infection from blood-contaminated tubing or centrifuge.